When looking for an apartment, make sure you ask the following questions:
- How much is the rent?
- Do they need a security deposit? How much?
- Do they need first month's rent? How about last month's rent?
- How long is the lease?
- What is the penalty for terminating the lease early?
- Is there an application fee? How much?
- Are utilities included?
- Can you sublet?
- Do the people in the rental office seem intelligent / seem like they care?
- Who does apartment maintenance and how do they handle it? Are they on call 24/7?
Minnesota Multi Family Housing Assocation